Childhood Lead Exposure Prevention Program
We can test your household items like dishes, toys, and spices.
Children ages 1 to 6 years old and pregnant women
Even tiny amounts of lead can poison your family. Lead poisoning can cause serious health problems, a blood test is the only way to find out if your child has lead poisoning.
Call to make an appointment!
This program provides a number of services to prevent lead poisoning including:
- FREE capillary blood lead screening for children 12 months thru 6 years who have never been screened to all residents of Monmouth County.
- Case management for children who have elevated blood levels.
- Environmental interventions by a certified lead inspector/risk assessor for children who have been determined to have elevated lead levels.
- Educations on lead risks and hazards to the general public, day care centers, community agencies and anyone requesting information on lead hazards.
- Testing household items with our lead meter to determine if lead is in dishware, toys or even spices.