Winter weather preparation:
Severe winter weather can include snow or subfreezing temperatures, strong winds and ice or heavy rain storms. An emergency supply kit both at home and in the car will help prepare people for winter power outages and icy or impassable roads. An emergency supply kit should include a three-day supply of food and water, a battery-powered or handcrank radio and extra flashlights and batteries. Thoroughly check and update your family's emergency supply kit and add the following supplies in preparation for winter weather:
• Rock salt to melt ice on walkways;
• Sand to improve traction;
• Snow shovels and other snow removal equipment;
• And adequate clothing and blankets to help keep you warm.
· Ensure your family preparedness plan and contacts are up to date and exercise your plan.
You can find more information and winter preparedness tips here